About the register of interests
Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
Councillors in relation to their individual interests.
The Relevant Authorities Councillors (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012 require that the Council maintain a register of councillors Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
A 'disclosable pecuniary interest' is an interest the member or co-opted member or their partner (which means spouse or civil partner, a person with whom the member is living as husband or wife, or a person with whom the member is living as if they are civil partners) within the following descriptions:
• Employment, office, trade, profession or vacation
• Contracts that are made between the relevant person (or a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest) and the relevant authority:
• Land within the area of the relevant authority.
• Licenses to occupy land in the area of the relevant authority for a month or longer.
• Corporate tenancies where the landlord is the relevant authority; and the tenant is a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest.
• Securities - Any beneficial interest in securities of a body where: that body (to your knowledge) has a place of business or land in the area of the relevant authority; and either: the total nominal value of the securities exceeds £25,000 or one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that body; or if the share capital of that body is of more than one class, the total nominal value of the shares of any one class in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest exceeds one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that class.