Draft Minutes Meeting 8th February 2022

Present: Cllr H Collinge Chairman, Cllr L Green Vice Chairman, Cllr J Ashwood, Cllr J Kenwood, Cllr B Pottle

In attendance: Mr M Kenwood Parish Clerk, Cllr M Hill Leader LCC.

Prior to the meeting members of the Aveland History Group gave a presentation on their vision to create a lasting piece of triptych stained  glass within a wooden frame on the theme of “What do you want future generations to know about life in this, the second Elizabethan Age?” They have successfully obtained Arts Councils Jubilee funding and commissioned a local stained glass artist. All costs would be covered by the grant.

They were seeking for the Parish Council to consider participating with submission’s of relevant visual mediums to the project. The finished installation would be loaned to each participating village for residents to view.

The Chairman thanked them for their presentation and agreed this would be discussed within the meeting agenda.

Meeting commenced at 7.12  p.m.

1. Apologies for absence. None .

2. To receive declarations of interest under the Localism Act 2011, being any pecuniary interest in agenda items not previously recorded on members register of interests.

3. To approve as a correct record the notes including any amendment of the meeting held on Tuesday 9th November 2021 and to authorise the Chairman to sign the official minutes. It was resolved that the minutes were a correct record and the Chair was authorised to sign the minutes.

4. Request from the Aveland History Group. The authority agreed that the project was of interest and Cllr Pottle suggested that the Art Club would also give consideration to participating.

This was proposed agreed and resolved that the authority would participate and Cllr Pottle to discuss with the Art Club. The clerk to notify Aveland History Group.

5. The Conservation Volunteers Free Trees offer. Following previous donations from The Conservation Volunteers, this years application now defines a revised condition. The offer for free trees is limited to those planted on publicly land accessible land. Details of the project must be shown on the application. The Clerk reported that several organisations were offering similar projects and conditions. It was considered that broad leaf saplings were preferable to whips and the Clerk agreed to research and report accordingly.

6. Bede Charity. The clerk reported that all invoices to land owners issued on 18th October 2021 are now payed. The future land dues policy will be discussed at the next meeting.

7. Community Funding Project. The application for a grant submitted to South Kesteven District Council was successful. The three benches have been delivered and await installation. The bench to be located near to the church is due to be installed within the next couple of weeks.

The two benches to be located on the proposed locations in Aslackby Road and Stainfield Road require approval from Lincolnshire Highways Department. The clerk reported that this process is ongoing and it is hoped to have a site meeting with LCC in the coming week. Once installed the provision for the purchase of memorial plaques will be opened.

8. The Queens Platinum Jubilee Celebrations. It was considered, proposed and resolved that the Parish Council would support the Village Hall Committee  in formulating events and plans for the Queens Platinum Celebrations. A meeting with both parties will be held on Monday 14th February at 2 pm.

9. Financial Matters to receive the clerk’s financial report and to authorise the signing of orders for payment.

9.1) Bank reconciliation to receive, consider and resolve. Proposed and resolved, bank statements and accounts accepted as correct and the Chair authorised to sign the reconciliation.

9.2) Authorise signing of orders for payment. Proposed and resolved, orders for payment totalling £1925.79.

9.3) Precept and Budget review to receive, consider and resolve. Proposed and resolved, that the budget paper was agreed.

9.4) Appoint internal auditor for 2021/22 Audit. The clerk reported the Mrs B Moore had agreed to conduct the audit. It was proposed and resolved that Mrs Moore was appointed.

10. Planning matters. None

11. Highways

11.1) A resident submitted a complaint of excess speed in Rippingale Road. The chairman stated that this issue had been addressed previously and he would discuss the subject directly with the complainant.

12. Receive reports from outside bodies. None.

13. Correspondence.

13.1 Report of door step  fraud and crime prevention matters. Cllr Ashwood outlined a recent attempt to obtain cash for “duty payment:  on delivery of a parcel which was bogus. This was reported to the police and Cllr Ashwood agreed to draft a piece for the next Newsletter on advice how to report and deter Fraudulent Scams.

14. Date of next meeting.  Tuesday 10th May 2022 at 7 pm

15. Confidential business.To resolve to move into closed session in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed in relation to employee appraisal.

Meeting ended 8 10. p.m.