Minutes 14th May 2019
Present: Cllr J Ashwood- Chair; Cllr Mrs L Green- Vice Chair: Cllr J Kenwood; Cllr B Pottle
In attendance: Mr M Kenwood Parish Clerk; Cllr N Robins District Councillor; One member of the public.
Absent: Cllr H Collinge
Meeting commenced at 7.04 p.m.
1. TO RECEIVE THE DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE OF COUNCILLORS. Following their uncontested election the clerk witnessed the acceptance of office of the councillors to the authority
2. TO ELECT A CHAIR FOR THE FOR THE ENSUING YEAR 2019/20. Chair Cllr Jackie Kenwood proposed that Vice Chair Cllr Jenni Ashwood be elected as Chair. She agreed to accept the role and both proposal’s were seconded and Resolved: That Cllr Jenni Ashwood was duly elected as Chair for 2019/20
3. TO RECEIVE THE DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE OF CHAIR OF KIRKBY UNDERWOOD PARISH COUNCIL 2019/20. The declaration was duly signed by Cllr Jenni Ashwood and witnessed by the Clerk.
4. TO ELECT A VICE CHAIR FOR THE FOR THE ENSUING YEAR 2019/20. Cllr Jenni Ashwood proposed Cllr Louise Green as Vice Chair. She agreed to accept the role and the proposal was seconded and Resolved: That Cllr Louise Green was duly elected as Vice Chairman for 2019/20.
5. TO RECEIVE THE DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE OF VICE CHAIR OF KIRKBY UNDERWOOD PARISH COUNCIL 2019/20.The declaration was duly signed by Cllr Louise Green and witnessed by the Clerk.
6. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE TO RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES WHERE VALID REASONS FOR ABSENCE HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO THE CLERK PRIOR TO THE MEETING. Apologies from Cllr Howard Green were received and accepted.
7. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST UNDER THE LOCALISM ACT 2011- BEING ANY PECUNIARY OR NON PECUNIARY INTEREST IN AGENDA ITEMS NOT PREVIOUSLY RECORDED ON MEMBERS REGISTER OF INTERESTS. The Disclosable Pecuniary Interest declarations for the newly elected councillors were submitted to the clerk. No declarations were made for the agenda items
8. APPOINTMENT OF RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER & INTERNAL AUDITOR. The authority proposed, seconded and Resolved: That the Parish Clerk Malcolm Kenwood be appointed as RFO and Mrs Belinda Moore as Internal auditor. Members expressed their thanks to Mrs Moore.
9. TO APPROVE AS A CORRECT RECORD THE NOTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 12TH FEBRUARY 2019. It was proposed, seconded and Resolved; That the official minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 12th February 2019 be approved as a correct record and the Chair authorised to sign the minutes.
10. TO APPROVE TIMETABLE MEETINGS FOR THE YEAR 2019/202. It was proposed, seconded and Resolved: That the meeting timetable for 2019/21 was approved.
11. TO REVIEW AND ADOPT STANDING ORDERS, FIXED ASSET REGISTER, FINANCIAL REGULATIONS AND POLICY DOCUMENTS. The clerk reported that the Fixed asset register had been updated and no other changes to the regulations or policy documents were envisaged. It was proposed seconded and Resolved: That the Fixed Asset register was accurate and signed by the Chair and no other amendments to the policy documents were required.
12. TO REVIEW THE PARISH COUNCIL INSURANCE POLICY. The clerk reported that he had not yet received quotations from insurance providers.
13. TO REVIEW RISK ASSESSMENT POLICY. The authority reviewed this policy, proposed, seconded and Resolved; to continue the existing Risk Assessment Policy
14. TO APPROVE ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS. The authority proposed, seconded and Resolved; the subscription to Lincolnshire Association of Local Council (LALC) membership and training programme. Compulsory Membership to ICO
15. ANNUAL RETURN AND STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS FOR YEAR ENDING 31ST MARCH 2019.
15.1) The Authority received and noted the report of the internal auditor
15.2) The Authority considered the findings of the Annual Governance Statement. The authority proposed, seconded and Resolved; to approve the Annual Governance statement and to be signed by the Chair and Parish Clerk
15.3) To consider the Accounting statement 2018/19 certified by the Clerk. The authority proposed, seconded and Resolved; to approve the Accounting statement and signed by the Chair
16. FINANCIAL MATTERS. to receive the Parish Clerk’s financial report and to authorise the signing of orders for payment.
16.1) Bank Reconciliation’s 2018/19 and 2019 prepared by the Clerk were received, considered. and Resolved: Bank Reconciliations accepted as accurate, signed by the chair.
16.2) 2019/120 Precept and Budget Review was received, considered and Resolved: That the Budget Paper was reviewed and accepted.
16.3) Authorise signing of orders for payment. It was proposed, seconded and Resolved: That orders for payment be authorised totalling £1179.70
17. MERRISON HOSPITAL CAR SCHEME. The clerk outlined the legal advice received in relation this matter, the narrow construction of the will. and ensuring the authority acts within its powers. It was proposed, seconded and Resolved: That the authority would explore an alternative strategy to provide a system within the interpretation of the will legacy.
18. PARISH COMMUNITY PROJECTS.
18.1) Publicity. The idea of a quarterly Parish Council newsletter incorporating notices from South Kesteven District Council or Lincolnshire Association of Local Council was discussed. Cllr Robins suggested that SKDC would assist and possibly a residents feedback option. It was proposed, seconded and Resolved: That Cllr Kenwood would research the project to report at the next meeting.
18.2) Summer Fayre. The Parish Council will be supporting a Fancy Dress Competition It was proposed, seconded and Resolved: That a maximum budget of £50 would be allocated.
18.3) Community Day This years event was discussed with a variety of potential topics reviewed. It was agreed that the focus of the day would be narrower to provide enhanced content. Resolved: That the project would be developed and views of residents sought possibly utilising the newsletter.
19. PLANNING MATTERS. None
20. HIGHWAYS. None
21. RECEIVE REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES. None
22. CORRESPONDENCE. None
23. DATE OF NEXT MEETING Tuesday 13th August 2019
Meeting closed at 20.04hrs
Signed J Ashwood Dated 13th August 2019